Our breeding programme
Strict criteria, exemplary results
We strive for outstanding health of the dogs with our breeding programme. In doing so, we look not only at the physical, but also the psychological and genetic health of the animal.
Our dogs belong to the High Premium category of the Koninklijke Maatschappij Sint-Hubertus (Belgian Kennel Club) – the highest attainable. They are completely free of disease and in perfect health.
We follow the guideline that there is no inbreeding in the first 5 to 10 generations – at most 5% COI according to Hardiman’s method. In this way we achieve healthy genetic diversity.
What does ‘perfect health’ mean specifically?
- Mdr1 +/+: no mutations in the multi-drug resistance gene (free)
- DM N/N: free from and not a carrier of degenerative myelopathy
- HD A or B: completely free of hip dysplasia
- ED 0/0: no elbow dysplasia
- Bite: outstanding teeth and jaw position
- A healthy smooth white coat
- No heart problems
- No allergies